Interceptor Needed

nuxx

I might just be paranoid but I think we might have some red bugs in our frag tank.

Just want to be safe then sorry.

Our vet doesn't carry it, so no go there.

Does anyone have any in town I could buy?

I need to try 150 gallons 3 times. I think one large chew would work.

Thanks!

This is an older video on our nuked shortcake:

Seems to be more now. Got the coral from like 4 different places for the frag tank, got some dirt cheap frags from a wholesaler that had a bunch just sitting around. Would guess that is where they might have come from.

All dipped in Bayer.

If you're thinking the bugs walking around the dead acro skeleton is red bugs, I'm pretty sure it's not. Red bugs will almost look like they are sitting on your live acro tissue and they seem to almost hardly move at all. They will relocate here and there but they won't walk as much as say a pod would in my experience. They are tiny too... like copepod size and smaller. The thing crawling on your acro seems more like a anthopod to me.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.

BTW, I've found Bayer to be pretty ineffective against red bugs in my opinion. They survive the Bayer dip pretty well.

Just bought some from Australia just in case.

I'll try to get another video in a little bit here.

Our vet is a little strange, actually thinking of going to a different one soon.

It's been 72 days of the snails and coral being in the frag tank. Kind of want to move everything to the display soon.

I've never used Coral RX. I mainly just use Bayer and observe for red bugs and AEFW eggs. If I see the red bugs, then an interceptor dip will generally follow... unless its just a frag... then I'll just toss it.

For AEFW eggs, I'll usually scrape and superglue over the spot and dip the heck out of that frag with Bayer until I feel safe enough for it to be placed in my tank.

Here's a video of the nuked shortcake from today. Also Not really sure what the dark patches are near the base of the birdsnest.

Those areas had no tissue on there when I got the frag, was where pieces broke off and I made new frags out of.

Here's a video of the LPS, mostly doing well. Rainbow Hammer has been retracted over the last week or so.

Everything seemed to make it through well, minus some Acros that didn't take me trying to figure out the dosing well. Also super low nutrient system, no fish and just feeding various coral foods.

Here are some pictures of the nuked shortcake and the birdsnest. See anything alarming?

post-2170-0-07450800-1445536710_thumb.jp

post-2170-0-78182100-1445536714_thumb.jp

post-2170-0-35733000-1445536719_thumb.jp

post-2170-0-97882100-1445536723_thumb.jp

I might just be paranoid but I think we might have some red bugs in our frag tank.

Just want to be safe then sorry.

Our vet doesn't carry it, so no go there.

Does anyone have any in town I could buy?

I need to try 150 gallons 3 times. I think one large chew would work.

Thanks!

Please keep in mind it's illegal to request prescription drugs.

Archived