What's New in the Pond

This the plant I got from you, Gabe. I guess you might recognized it because of the blooms. They're just throwing spires of bloom after bloom. Thanks again for sharing those plants.

Heare is My mother koi pond :)

Nice.....love the waterfall. We're thinking about adding that feature to ours.

Dude, I am 99% sure that is a red eared slider. WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!

Nice looking pond.

Absolutely, anti-bacterial soap is a must after handling them.

Thanks.

Great pictures! And I still love your pond overall (from the other thread). Mine has been somewhat neglected lately... but I did add some new plants that we got from the Wildflower Center plant sale. The raccoons though keep knocking them over :)

We had a whole mess of tad poles in the spring! Haven't looked in there lately to see how many are left, but I have been hearing the leopard frogs singing at night.

Great pictures! And I still love your pond overall (from the other thread). Mine has been somewhat neglected lately... but I did add some new plants that we got from the Wildflower Center plant sale. The raccoons though keep knocking them over :)

We had a whole mess of tad poles in the spring! Haven't looked in there lately to see how many are left, but I have been hearing the leopard frogs singing at night.

You should give a sneak peek of your pond......they go through seasonal stages. I want to add some ornamental grasses nearby the pond. Do you have water lilies? I got several that will need to be thinned out, need to find out when its a good time to do it. I guess a could donate some to the Austin Pond Society.

Same here w/tadpoles....maybe that's why our koi have fatten. And I hardly fed them......they've been eating something, that's for sure.

You should give a sneak peek of your pond......they go through seasonal stages. I want to add some ornamental grasses nearby the pond. Do you have water lilies? I got several that will need to be thinned out, need to find out when its a good time to do it. I guess a could donate some to the Austin Pond Society.

Same here w/tadpoles....maybe that's why our koi have fatten. And I hardly fed them......they've been eating something, that's for sure.

Here is a picture from last year ... I need to grab one from this year, as the lizard tail really filled in, and finally bloomed this year.

IMG_4451_med.JPG

(Click for larger)

I do have a water lily, but the pond it shaded for a good part of the day, so it doesn't bloom much. And last year I made the mistake of adding some water lettuce, and that choked out the lily. So late in the year I removed/destroyed all of the lettuce (ensured it did not make it to streams!), and the lily is looking better this year.

I actually got a picture of the pond published in a new book about mini-aquariums! (Well, I guess a 100 gallons is "mini" for a pond :) ). I also got some pictures of my 24g reef tank in there.

• 3 weeks later...