Acan bleaching

LarryD

Good news I got back from my trip to find the acan fully extended complete with feeding tentacles and the colour returning to the sickly head. As of this moment it almost looks like it was never sick. I am thinking that the setosa and the hermit crab died pretty close to one another and spiked the nitrates and that was what caused the issue but doing the big water change and feeding the acan a bit to kind of get it on the road to recovery got what is rapidly becoming my favorite coral back into its usual fat self.

Glad to hear it! Get used to it cause Acans do this from time to time. Mostly never nothing to worry about, I still think you may be surprised by the "stark" in the coming daysgrin.png

Good news I got back from my trip to find the acan fully extended complete with feeding tentacles and the colour returning to the sickly head. As of this moment it almost looks like it was never sick. I am thinking that the setosa and the hermit crab died pretty close to one another and spiked the nitrates and that was what caused the issue but doing the big water change and feeding the acan a bit to kind of get it on the road to recovery got what is rapidly becoming my favorite coral back into its usual fat self.

Glad to hear it! Get used to it cause Acans do this from time to time. Mostly never nothing to worry about, I still think you may be surprised by the "stark" in the coming days:grin:
I am mildly concerned by your reference of the "stark" please elaborate.

Archived