low iron glass (starphire)

Was curious who out there has gone from regular glass to low iron. Is the difference really there, the reason I ask is because we seem to spend so much on lights, supplements to really get great color from our corals. It seems that this might be an overlooked aspect for some reefers if it really impacts the viewing pleasure. The second question I have is all low iron glass equal. I know the big name out there is starphire is there an iron cut off point where regular low iron becomes or is close to straphire class?

Thanks in advance guys.

Starphire is very clear, but scratches very easily.

more than acrylic, would you recommend cleaning it with acrylic cleaning products?

You don't have to, but you definitely want to take very good care and pay particular attention to anything you use to clean it like magnet scrapers. One grain of sand is all it takes...

I use one of those Kent long arm scrapers with the stainless steel blade to clean my starphire glass and so far no scratches after 18 months. I'ts not a razor, just a flat piece of metal.

I use one of those Kent long arm scrapers with the stainless steel blade to clean my starphire glass and so far no scratches after 18 months. I'ts not a razor, just a flat piece of metal.

tried searching amazon but nothing came up, do you have a link?

tried searching amazon but nothing came up, do you have a link?

Actually, I just realized mine is a 'Tom' not a 'Kent'

This one: http://www.amazon.com/KollerCraft-Algae-Scraper-Multi-Tool-Inches/dp/B0006JM0K8/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1438797317&sr=1-1&keywords=tom+aquatics+scraper

Archived