Jobs in the aquarium industry

Christian

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm in the process of looking for a job in the aquarium industry. I know austin is not super big one aquarium/zoo or reef aquarium products but what jobs are out their in aquarium industry?

There are always tank building companies, stand building, maintenance and cleaning jobs for tanks, fish stores and online companies. There are always niches to fill, like building specialty sumps or making your own dry rock and selling it. Can always go down the import-export route for corals and fish, coral farming, fish breeding and raising. It's a specialized hobby and the market can be limited compared to other industries, but it's a pretty strong one in this area of the state.

Yea, I've been looking into the import export side of the business. I wish that austin airport was an import export air port.

Since I live down south in Buda it's like 45-60 min or longer drive to any of the fish company's in Austin because of traffic :P

Yeah. I've thougt about the austin aquarium its 45 min away with no traffic from my house.

Yeah between south Austin and San ant their is not any fish stores or anyone it would be a good area to get some corals into the area. I know their is one guy out in Buda that grows his own live rock in like10,000 gallons outside but he does not sale fish or corals.

Build My LED is here in Austin. You could potentially get a job with them.

If you want to be in this industry you are going to have to commute to Austin or SA... That or move...

Also AquaDome is down South Austin, they may be looking for someone. It never hurts yo ask.

Good luck!

Archived