Fastest Growing Zoas/Palys?

tennisjad3

GSP, anthelia, clove polyps, pulsing xenia.

Note, do not put any of these in a tank where you don't want them to take over, cloves probably being the most malignant and difficult to control, but also some of the best looking IMO.

If you specifically want zoas or paly's, pretty much anything with "eye" in the name for zoas, and for paly's the ugly green / brown "texas trash" are very fast. Nuclear greens and purple deaths are fairly quick growing desirable ones as well as the eye zoas, eagle eyes, dragon eyes, etc.

The problem with anything fast growing is that once it quickly covers the area you want it to, it won't politely stop and many of these will grow exponentially (the more you have the faster the colony grows). Soft corals and Zoas can be difficult/impossible to remove from a rock and save the rock at the same time

GSP, anthelia, clove polyps, pulsing xenia.

Note, do not put any of these in a tank where you don't want them to take over, cloves probably being the most malignant and difficult to control, but also some of the best looking IMO.

If you specifically want zoas or paly's, pretty much anything with "eye" in the name for zoas, and for paly's the ugly green / brown "texas trash" are very fast. Nuclear greens and purple deaths are fairly quick growing desirable ones as well as the eye zoas, eagle eyes, dragon eyes, etc.

So if I have a small xenia frag that is starting to attach to my rock what should I do to best control it? I think it looks nice in a small amount, but I don't want it overtaking my other corals certainly.

Move that rock away from your main rocks. Trim it away with scissors as it starts creeping onto the sand. Eventually though stalks will detach all on their own and make their way to the main rock. Once you decide to let it establish you're usually stuck with it

People truly don't call Xenia a pest coral because of its manageable growth and benign behavior. It takes over and will dominate a tank. Period. And nothing kills it. Not even hydnophora. I've tried. If you want corals that wave and flow in the current and are easy, look into toadstool leathers, or frogspawn, torch coral, hammer coral, ect. Those at least stay put

Move that rock away from your main rocks. Trim it away with scissors as it starts creeping onto the sand. Eventually though stalks will detach all on their own and make their way to the main rock. Once you decide to let it establish you're usually stuck with it

People truly don't call Xenia a pest coral because of its manageable growth and benign behavior. It takes over and will dominate a tank. Period. And nothing kills it. Not even hydnophora. I've tried. If you want corals that wave and flow in the current and are easy, look into toadstool leathers, or frogspawn, torch coral, hammer coral, ect. Those at least stay put

Kill it with FIRE!!! [emoji12]

I will isolate this bad boy in the corner for now, that or throw it off the balcony while its on fire. Bummer I decided to put it right no my center rock, looks like I'll have to re-aquascape this weekend

Archived