Frag Placement

JGon

Hey guys. Just have a quick question. I bought me some frags at C4 this past weekend. I've had them sitting on the sand bed since. Is it ok to start placing them on the rock or how much longer do I need to wait?? Also, what would be a good product to attach them with??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I got a bunch of zoas and a couple LPS frags. A hammer and frogspawn to be more specific on the LPS. I have the Fluval marine and reef led light supplemented with another blue led strip. My tank is a 20g long if that helps any. Who in town sells the aquastik??

I'd place them but just watch them for signs of stress. Make sure their polyps open and they aren't "puking" brown stringy stuff.

I have always had good luck with just plain old super glue, you need to make sure you get the gel type because the normal will run away from you.

At Least the few aquarium glues I looked at were a cyanoacrylate glue just like super glue.

Thanks for the advice you guys. I'm gonna do some maintenance today so I wanted to take advantage of that and start moving stuff around. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to do so.

So I decided to leave my frags on the sand bed. After all the maintenance I did my corals were very stressed. Gonna let them sit there for a few more days. This is the end result after the maintenance. Looks much better than it did before. I'm having a bit of a red slime problem.

8620d3a531e1e363345ac4038073bf55.jpg

bed2d55357e62b02cdc287ee192aa82d.jpg

c9a1a8adedf542179bd173652506a339.jpg

They don't look too badly stressed to me, but I'm sure waiting a few days is not a bad move

They got better as the day went by. But they were all closed up and like Dan said, "puking" that brown stringy stuff.

Sounds like they might be puking zooxanthellae, which isn't always from too much light, it can happen from stress too. Double check all your water params... Assuming the water is good, then you're probably OK. If they are spewing all the time, then move them lower.

Sounds like they might be puking zooxanthellae, which isn't always from too much light, it can happen from stress too. Double check all your water params... Assuming the water is good, then you're probably OK. If they are spewing all the time, then move them lower.

It was stress. I did a good clean up of the tank and moved them around quite a bit. So they were releasing all that zooxanthellae for a while. They were fine by the end of the day. But I'm still gonna leave them be for a few more days. Just to be safe.

Archived