Porcupine Puffer

barderer

• 2 weeks later...

I have one. My son wanted me to find him a home here because he didn't want a novice to buy him from a lfs. Like all Porcupines, he always has a smile on his face. Disclaimer: he's a bit of a hog and doesn't want anyone else touching his food. He will stress out anything smaller that doesn't have a strong personality. I had a smaller stars and stripes that I had to pull out and put in the refugium of my reef tank until I could re-home him. You would certainly need to put him with bigger fish. He has a spotted hawkish buddy that he tolerates that I could throw in. The hawk also has an attitude, so he stand up well even though he is less than half the size. He's good size at about 6ish inches and 3"wide. I don't know exactly though.

Are you shutting down your tank? He would be alone in the tank with a fuzzy dwarf lion fish. I don't think the puffer will mess with a lion but ya never know. I just got back from the coast and have tons of silversides and shrimp for him to hunt and feast on. PM me details

Thanks!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Puffer is doing great. Put 15 silver sides fresh from the ocean with him and he nailed 12 of them on the first night. Looking fat and healthy and his color has improved.

I named him "Tommy want wingy"

Archived