I like the look of the cadlights tanks. Keep in mind all the plumbing is metric, if that matters to you.

I think on a tank that small you can get by without a biopellet reactor *iff* you really keep a good handle on your bioload. If you overstock and/or overfeed the nitrates can build up really fast. I measure nitrates weekly on my 32 gallon and I can literally correlate each nano-sized fish I add to about .5ppm nitrates. So I have 5 fish, two shrimp, and a handful of snail and hermits and run 5ppm nitrates. I maintain this level by stopping adding fish, by keeping a strict feeding regimen, and with about 7.5% weekly water changes. Since I also have to run GFO there is simpy no room for a biopellet reactor in such a small cabinet. Just my own experience ...

Alright guys, after some time and a couple weeks of emails. I think I've came to a decesion based on how long it's taking to get tanks in and lead times for tanks to be build. I am looking at a

Planet Aquariums CRYSTALINE either in 24''x20''x21 or 36''x20

• Complete marine/reef aquarium system

• Easy-to-set-up aquarium includes essential components

• Trimless, crystal-clear, low-iron beveled edge glass aquarium

• Elegant modern cabinet with six different finish options

• Top-of-the-line, three-chamber sump for a skimmer and refugium in the 36" and 48" models and a two-chamber sump for the 24" models. All sumps come with 4" micron filter socks

• Silent, durso overflow and nearly invisible black PVC is used for any visible plumbing

• Sicce pumps in every model offer energy efficiency and silent, reliable opperations.

• 4 weeks later...

They said they should have them in stock and if not shouldn't be longer than a week. Which is quite nice compared to the reef saavy of 6+ months.

I have to say. I'm a little bummed I'm not going to have a ghost overflow. But I'll get over that soon.

• 1 month later...

I'd say it's dependent upon your aquascaping. I have two on a 48" tank as well as a mini wavemaker. I also have a ginormous rock wall that severely restricts flow. A more open concept will not need as much. I should also note that I like way more flow than others.

• 1 month later...

Well I'm picking up the 48'' planet tank next saturday. My question now becomes one of the sump.

1. Basic Reef Synergy Sump $250 used

IMG_0222_zpsdlr6jrcw.jpg

2. New Trigger System Emerald @$429 new

http://www.marinedepot.com/Trigger_Systems_Emerald_Sump_Complete_Aquarium_Sump_Units-Trigger_Systems_LLC-6E81644-FIFRBSCU-vi.html

Return pump, I'm thinking of using the new ecotech pump.

Archived