Overflow help

AbelR1975

So, today, I decided to re-do my overflow. I completely screwed it up and got it to leak. Can't get it to stop, so I'm going to have to take off of work to fix it tomorrow. I'm going to start from scratch, and I need advice on how to do it. Previously, the overflow discharged into the sump from 2 pipes that ended about 3" above the water line. This made it noisy as heck. it was a freaking waterfall. I extended the pipes into the water, but now I have a gurgling sound. I've looked at designs online, but I can't find anything that matches what I have. I have 3 overflow boxes and they are extremely small. A lot of the designs that I've seen have a 90 with the opening underwater.

post-3702-0-41766200-1430365833_thumb.jp

post-3702-0-80229600-1430365896_thumb.jp

post-3702-0-55063800-1430365924_thumb.jp

The elbows are glued to the bulkheads, so I'm planning on buying new bulkheads tomorrow.

post-3702-0-48805900-1430365647_thumb.jp

Any help with design would be appreciated!

well done AbelR...i guess my speaking English is not bad after all...lol

I can't ever understand a thing you say Vu. [emoji12]

Plumbing looks good. Are those the Fishy Business overflow specials? Looks like his handiwork.

Not bad at all, Vu. lol

Plumbing only took me about 8 hours. lol. The tank has 3 overflows....one directly below the center brace. I had to drain the tank half way, then cut the overflow out to replace the bulkhead. The I had to re-silicone the overflow back on. I managed to replace the other bulkheads without removing the overflow boxes. My fish were plenty upset by yesterday evening. lol

Very good, Ty! I just learned from the previous owner that Fishy Business did install the overflows. The only complaint that I have is the bulkheads that he used were not threaded, so he glued the pipe into the bulkheads. I replaced them with threaded ones so if the need arises, I can remove the fittings easily.

well done AbelR...i guess my speaking English is not bad after all...lol

I can't ever understand a thing you say Vu. [emoji12]

Plumbing looks good. Are those the Fishy Business overflow specials? Looks like his handiwork.

u dont need to Ty, just AGREE to anything i say...spiteful.gif... any thing related to fishy stuff.....

Yes sir! If you ever hear me speak Vietnamese, you can give me a hard time right back. [emoji39]

Yes sir! If you ever hear me speak Vietnamese, you can give me a hard time right back. [emoji39]

I heard you cursed in vietnamese just fine

Archived