RODI System Loud After Membrane & Filter Replacement

BornToHula

This morning I replaced my Bulk Reef Supply RODI system's membrane, filters and DI resin, now it is very loud when turned on. I thought the noise would probably go away after a few hours, but so far no luck.

It sounds like air is entering the system or something, take a look at the video to see what I mean:

I took it apart a second time to double check all the connections and everything seems fine. It seems like the sound may be coming from the flow restrictor.

Anyone experience this before? Can a flow restrictor go bad?

It almost sounds electrical in nature, even though I know that's not possible haha. I can't tell if it sounds like air, or a small piece of plastic vibrating rapidly from the water flow. Maybe something is inside the flow restrictor causing it to make noise? I have never had this problem before...

Well, I'm kinda stumped.

I've ran it about 20 hours since replacing the filters so far with no reduction in noise.

I also re-installed the RO membrane and re-plumbed the flow restrictor line with new piping. Neither worked. There was nothing lodged in flow restrictor, or any of the Y-splits, either.

Yes everything I plumbed today was cut with a little pipe cutting tool that gives straight edges.

I agree, it sounds like air entering the system, I just can't find out from where.

Looks like I will re-do everything until I find out...

Archived