1 small aptasia on LR

12_egg_omelette

Howdy all,

I have a small aphasia on a live rock that just poked it's head out. I went to HEB to try to find pickling lime so I could mix the two as someone has mentioned previously, but I couldn't find any. This brings me to my question, could I take some aqua mend roll it up and put a top of superglub on the back and just plug up the aphasia and have it die that way? I know the potential it has to replicate very quickly so I'm wanting to take care of it pretty soon.

They can go a way back. I use the claw end of a framing hammer and just tap tap. I would just pull the rock. Chippy chippy and then put it back. Try to pop your frag spawn off in the water they don't like to come out of the water. And mentally mark where the little sucker is. Sometimes they will close up and disappear.

• Like 1

They like to dig their feet deep into a crevice if possible so I just take a flathead screwdriver and a hammer and just give one little tap to chip a whole piece off. IMO, losing a small piece of my live rock is worth the trouble of aiptasia infesting my tank.

I honestly can't see the aiptasia so I can't help with a best method to remove it. You could always just use a mini torch and cook the one area it's in or even try boiling hot water on it if you can't chip.

Hammer and screwdriver and chip off underneath it taking about a dime size piece of rock with it. Do it outside of the tank. Resist hard mounting anything else into your rock for about 2 months. If ALL of your LR is clean of aiptaisia in 2 months you should be good.