What did you trade?

Manny

Before coming into the reefing hobby, I had a beautiful 06 Mustang GT with 100 Nitrous running 12.1. That was my hobby at the time. I sold my car when I moved to Texas and decided to try reefing. I do not miss the hobby at all now that I got my tank running nicely. So question is, what did you guys give up to pick up the saltwater hobby?

Probably cars as well.

More so messing with them. Have 2013 Gt500 and it's still bone stock. Know exactly what I want to do to it, but can't find the time or motivation to.

Also would like to pick up a Charger Hellcat next year for my wife, but I'm sure that'll stay stock as well.

I did find time to get TRD Pro wheels for our new 4Runner though. Step in the right direction.

With the DT, frag tank and 3 quarantine tanks running, I just don't have the time or drive to touch a car...

Flats Fishing Boat

19' Kenner Super Wide Tunnel all hydraulics w/ Suzuki 150 GT

Schedule prevented me from getting down to coast like I needed, so I sold and got into this stay at home hobby. Still miss the boat though and I know there will be another in my future.

I can't think of anything that I gave up per se. There are some hobbies that as I have gotten older I have just decided not to purse as actively. Mostly hunting, fishing and keeping herps. I still hunt and fish but no where as much as I used to. I don't keep herps any longer. I gave up having snakes when my daughter was born, something about rhino vipers and a toddler just didn't seem like a wise choice. I have been eying some poison dart frogs again but I am lacking the drive to setup the terrariums like I want so I just don't. One day I will though.

Archived