Cameronbherring's 100g tank build.

Cameronbherring

Another update! After adding the skimmer and sump I've experienced a lot less algae. I added a dragon goby to move the sand around but haven't bought anything new. I reaquascaped yesterday. I accidentally put the powerhead on full blast light night. -_- so some sand is on the rock but besides that I think my tank is looking good. Im going to start up my Refugium sometime in the next week. It should be the last thing to stop algae. I've been doing a water change every other week also to take out all the dead and alive algae. I hope the algae doesn't ever come back [emoji16]18cf2079f3580f014baee8f98890c8a4.jpgc0280bf3feaf94de27c6e4cace259da6.jpg5645554d7060c9c5eede3a9aff1a518f.jpg3fb4ddbf4a8e98701989fb2370f6f0d8.jpg64b356252085016eb69e3e763d3ec0c8.jpgbc6985fc32880a94192fde21e8dfa161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

You might consider merging the center and left pillars into one structure. It actually looks pretty good, just needs corals to fill it in.

Tip #2

Adjust your negative space where it varies across the front of the tank. It helps create depth.

I'm not much for being wordy tonight. Attached is a picture of what I would try. When you move the big rock on structure 1 to structure 2 place it far back. When you move rocks from structure 2 to structure 1 have them come closer to the front glass. This should give you a diagonal negative space separating the 2 structures. Also move structure 2 back to the glass and structure 1 up towards the front more.

post-3632-0-16430200-1430966396_thumb.jp

I agree with Reburn on the negative space, its just as important as the rocks. Also, I think one problem with the big vertical rock on the right pillar is that it might be hard to fill up with coral, being so vertical. When you are re-aquascaping it may help to think about how you will place corals, and what types of corals. Keep their lighting needs in mind too.

The problem I have with the big vertical rock is it looks unnatural.

I know it would take some doing to move it but you have done well with the sides. They look good and they look natural. If you just work on the middle a little bit I think you will find what your looking for.

Thanks Reburn and everyone else. I'll try this. The only thing all of structure 1 depends on the big rock next to it to make it stand up which I don't think could stand up

Reef putty is your buddy

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived