What's everyone doing on their tank this weekend?

KimP

I do as well. I replaced carbon today. I hate replacing carbon. Such a chore and a mess getting it all rinsed without losing any. I've been using a Jaebo DC return pump as my carbon reactor pump and really letting the flow run high....so high that it smashed the top sponge paper-flat and nearly plugged up the flow entirely over the last month. for you BRS reactor users you know those sponges are like 1" thick. I'll be turning that flow down this time

I started waiting to change my carbon out for when I make RODI. I rinse the new carbon with the outlet hose of the RODI unit and that way I don't have to use a turkey baster to rinse it. It works so much better and seems to be neater.

Removed the remnant wiring from my halides. Removed the plumbing from my chiller. Rerouted all wires on my PD board. Made a temp mount for my LED fixtures. Cleaned the tank and sump and did a water change. Replaced carbon in my filter socks.

Basically, I spent Sunday mucking around in the tank and sloshing water around the house. tongue.png

Sounds like I'm really active, but honestly I've been a tank-slacker. My tanks are on auto-pilot lately. I just feed and top them off. Cleaning is a 30-45 day interval chore for me. Nice to just enjoy. biggrin.png

Archived