Acan stuck to glass

Elizzy

I’ve got a bare bottom tank and was trying to move my acans just a fraction of inch to the right and noticed that the biggest colony is stuck fast to the glass. Think this will be a problem? I’m assuming the only problem will be when I want to move to a larger tank…does anyone have experience with removing coral from glass?

Thanks!!

Yea they do encrust onto whatever they are on! Will it be a problem to move?. That depends on how encrusted it has become on the glass. Bottom line is wherever you have to scrape to get it free causes a small brak, and although getting it off glass with a flat scraper is far easier than getting it off rock (nearly impossible) There will be a healing time in which you will see a slow down in growth of new heads. Doubt if there will be other repercussions. Could get a bacterial infection and die completely but there is only a small chance of this happening.

Sure sign it's happy! smile.png Like Neon said a good scrapper will is best to get it off. The thinner the better, I usually use a razor blade and if I can I try to come up from underneath but that's usually not an option.

Archived