Coral Beauty, not LPS safe

Elizzy

Well my happy hour on Friday turned out to be unhappy hour in my reef tank. Coral Beauty (now referred to as "CB") decided to start eating my orange plate fungia coral because it didn't get fed sad.png Since I just ordered a little clam and fungia is under plastic protection, CB has to go. Note that this CB is gorgeous, but since I don't want to lose more coral, CB can be yours! I've also seen CB peck at monti and acans, but not cause damage. CB doesn't touch softies. If you don't feed CB, beware. I've had CB 10 months. CB loves hair algae, so if you have a tank of softies and hair algae, this is your fish! Price negotiable (worth $35, will ask $15, but - I want CB to go to a good home first). Pick up must be before Friday, but contingent on capture...pm me with your schedule, I'll try to work within it. Attaching photo of CB in the moonlight...will try to get daylight.

Best,

Elizzy

post-1620-0-05165000-1407809899_thumb.jp

I am sorry to hear about your fungia! sad.png I can't say with absolute certainty your Coral Beauty hasn't decided to eat healthy corals but I'm inclined to think your fungia may have had a problem. I myself have had fungia polyps that were in born and raised in a tank suddenly die for no apparent reason. I discussed one incedent here: Also the fungia and a Coral Beauty have been in this tank for over 10 years. In a different tank I have seen a Coral Beauty voraciously eat a Frogspawn polyp, like it was a piece of raw shrimp, and was also very careful not to nip any of the surrounding polyps and has not gone on to eat any more polyps now after a couple of years. I have also seen this very selective behaviour with a Regal Angel. And very curiously a group of tangs including a Powder Blue, Regal and Longnose clean the damaged polyps off an acan colony that was found upside down in the sand and left undamaged polyps alone.

Thanks Ty & Tim. I hope the fungia doesn't have a problem, but you could be right as I've heard this type of thing before. Since I just ordered a baby maxima, I'm going to rehome CB just to be safe. :)

Archived