Calling all Blasto experts...

Jimbo662

I'm no expert, but I've had that happen. They will grow out eventually. I'm sure the main polyp is supporting them. You must be doing a great job with it! That's awesome!

This is the one coral I saved when I broke down my 175g. The kessil's on my new tank seem to be just what corals love...it didn't do much under the Vega's. I got a superman rhodactis from Pham in March. It was about 2" across. I grew to over 3" and about two weeks ago finished splitting.

• Like 1

This is the one coral I saved when I broke down my 175g. The kessil's on my new tank seem to be just what corals love...it didn't do much under the Vega's. I got a superman rhodactis from Pham in March. It was about 2" across. I grew to over 3" and about two weeks ago finished splitting.

I'm happy with my switch to kessils too. I had AI sols. It's always good to hear people happy with theirs!

Have you been feeding it? The heads on the side will eventually grow out, but you can expedite this process by feeding mysid or lps pellets to the babies. Feed the mother polyp first, then as it retracts, feed the babies. Increase your feedings of the smaller polyps and they will grow out faster. You'll still run into the roadblock of skeletal structure. If you place the blasto on some rock, the polyps will begin to spread to the rock and will grow faster. Without this step though, they will be at the mercy of their skeletal development.

• Like 1