Setosa

Bpb

Looking for someone who meets these simple requirements.

A: located in south Austin

B: is a night owl, or not offended by a 10 pm pickup time

C: is available on Friday 7/11/2014

D: has Montipora Setosa they will sell me

Something in the $20 range. Big enough to be noticeable, but not so big that I run into RTN from moving too large a piece. Mainly want to get it introduced, but I hate getting little 1/4" pea sized frags

If you're up for trying thermos shipping I would be willing to ship you some Tyree Setosa for free. you just need to pay for the thermos and 2 day shipping. ~$27 Unfortunately I can't give a guarantee on it. I am more curious if SPS can handle thermos shipping like zoas can.

If you're up for trying thermos shipping I would be willing to ship you some Tyree Setosa for free. you just need to pay for the thermos and 2 day shipping. ~$27 Unfortunately I can't give a guarantee on it. I am more curious if SPS can handle thermos shipping like zoas can.

Correct me if I am wrong....$27 is not free?

"you just need to pay for the thermos and 2 day shipping." the coral itself is free.

What I get out of it is the knowledge of if SPS can be Thermos shipped. As 1 day shipping Colorado to Austin is about $120 via FedEx

EDIT: Also, I live in Colorado, So I figured it would be a cheap option for him rather than ordering it from one of the expensive websites. But if someone is local that is a way better option.

Seth, if my work schedule were more "normal" I would definitely hit you up. Unfortunately my shifts are often 12-13 hour shifts and I wouldn't feel comfortable with an sps coral sitting outside in the Texas heat for 5-6 hours, even in a thermos. My mail typically comes at 3-4pm, but I often don't get in from work till 9-10pm most days. Snail mail is unpredictable on how long it'll take to arrive, just a bit risky.

"you just need to pay for the thermos and 2 day shipping." the coral itself is free.

What I get out of it is the knowledge of if SPS can be Thermos shipped. As 1 day shipping Colorado to Austin is about $120 via FedEx

EDIT: Also, I live in Colorado, So I figured it would be a cheap option for him rather than ordering it from one of the expensive websites. But if someone is local that is a way better option.

oh. cool. sorry about that.

Seth, if my work schedule were more "normal" I would definitely hit you up. Unfortunately my shifts are often 12-13 hour shifts and I wouldn't feel comfortable with an sps coral sitting outside in the Texas heat for 5-6 hours, even in a thermos. My mail typically comes at 3-4pm, but I often don't get in from work till 9-10pm most days. Snail mail is unpredictable on how long it'll take to arrive, just a bit risky.

Fair enough. Thought I would offer. Well when I move down there, if you're still looking I can bring you a piece.

Fair enough. Thought I would offer. Well when I move down there, if you're still looking I can bring you a piece.

What's your timeline for moving down here out of curiosity, saw the welcome thread and tank pics of yours just hadn't gotten around to replying. You gonna try to bring all your corals down? I'm not an austinite either but I'm a little closer than Colorado. Bout 2 hours out of town

I only have a small frag about the size of the tip of my ring finger at the moment

Small frags seem to be the name of the game with setosa. It's a fairly slow grower correct? I've still got your number so I'll hit you up closer to Friday and see if we can work something out.

Btw happy to trade halimeda and aiptasia instead of money if that interests anyone. Maybe even a hydroid or bubble algae hitchhiker as well

What's your timeline for moving down here out of curiosity, saw the welcome thread and tank pics of yours just hadn't gotten around to replying. You gonna try to bring all your corals down? I'm not an austinite either but I'm a little closer than Colorado. Bout 2 hours out of town

The plan is to move once I get the job offer but still waiting to hear back. They said anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before they know. And yah I plan on moving all my coral and livestock down. Ty volunteered to babysit my 18" calm and I am going to ship the rest down via South West Freight once I get a tank established down in Austin. Thinking in the ballpark or a 240g-320g.

Awesome man, Farmer Ty is a great man to watch your sps and/or clams. Hopefully you get the job, for career reasons aside will be cool to have another big sps tank in the club

Here is a pic before about a month ago right before I broke a piece of it off accidentally.

You can see it at the top right of the pic under my Sherman rbta.

post-1459-0-77870900-1404851652_thumb.jp

Archived