Bluemoons Nano Collection

Bluemoon

Well, after some peer pressure, and a lot of foreseeable free time, I've decided to post my tanks. Alas, my boredom prevails and I'm resorting to documenting them one at a time in a 4 part series of videos.

First up, my 6g nano-dx

Equipment:

6g JBJ Nano-cube DX

DIY RImless mod

Wavepoint Microsun 8w LED

DIY 4 led moonlight kit

50/50 CW/RB par30 for cheato.

Livestock:

2 semi-picasso clownfish

Giant Headed ducnan

neon green trumpet

red mushrooms

red cap monti

various palys & zoos

too many sponges

.... sorry its not on friday ty poke.gif

WARNING: the music may be a bit loud.

FTS 6-23-2014

post-3461-0-08701300-1403550105_thumb.jp

post-3461-0-31582400-1403549754_thumb.jp

I see how it is Bluemoon... posting on a day that was outside of our gentlemen's agreement!

Seriously though, great video. I'll make a note to myself to put aside more money for post production processing. Your opening title probably blew my entire videos budget right there.

Thanks for the great video to entertain me while I wait for some new tires for the wife's car. I have a sudden urge to fight a battle with an axe in middle-earth for some reason now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

well, that's exactly what I was going for ty! haha I can deliver my services for the small price of...your soul!

Seriously though, all of this was done using an iPhone and my childish attempt at iMovie this morning.

In addition to the tank series, ill be uploading a mandarin training video. expect an equally epic soundtrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome video! Would you mind sharing your maintenance schedule? Is that an AIO tank? Do you run any media? Also, how long has it been running?

Hey Kim, thanks!

I try to do a 2gallon water change bi weekly where i siphon up any detritus i can find, but admittedly haven't been sticking to the schedule as much as id like.

This tank is a left to right intake

AIO with 3 chambers.

In the first i have some cheato with a filter floss pad placed underneath . In the second chamber i have some rock rubble and few left over bioballs (the Scypha sp. pineapple sponges seem to love them, go figure)

I also have a small mangrove, with exposed roots that im trying to bonsai that the pineapple sponges like as well. -_-

I haven't run any media except a bag of activated carbon for a few weeks after the tank was set up in the end up January.

Hey Kim, thanks!

I try to do a 2gallon water change bi weekly where i siphon up any detritus i can find, but admittedly haven't been sticking to the schedule as much as id like.

This tank is a left to right intake

AIO with 3 chambers.

In the first i have some cheato with a filter floss pad placed underneath . In the second chamber i have some rock rubble and few left over bioballs (the Scypha sp. pineapple sponges seem to love them, go figure)

I also have a small mangrove, with exposed roots that im trying to bonsai that the pineapple sponges like as well. -_-

I haven't run any media except a bag of activated carbon for a few weeks after the tank was set up in the end up January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

Sounds like a great setup. Really clean for a seemingly heavy bioload. What's your feeding schedule like for the clowns?

Looks great. Photogenic clown.

Thanks Dennis!

Your telling me, its frustrating she's so

photogenic and the guy that's hosted by the duncan always hides in the back when I point my phone at the tank!

Sounds like a great setup. Really clean for a seemingly heavy bioload. What's your feeding schedule like for the clowns?

Talking about heavy bioload...i feed a mixture of rods original and pe mysis every other evening...along with a daily dose of ora pellets that have somehow found their way into all my tanks now.

I've delt with my fair share of algae problems, but every time i feel like my nutrients are low, i see my zoas melting.

I figure ill roll with the punches though and keep my hopes on a CuC having personalities worthy to storm the beaches of Normandy.

Archived