Reefs2Go Removes Free Shipping

Sascha D.

This is just an FYI.

Reefs2go.com currently has a 50% off coral sale and I thought it would be a good opportunity to use my gift certificates. It would have also been a good opportunity to start a new group buy to get the added benefit of free shipping. I went to confirm the free shipping amount and could not find it. I contacted customer service and received this response:

Hello Sascha,

We no longer offer free shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount. However, our prices are still the best around (even when you factor in shipping fees). We are having our huge 50% off corals promotion right now. It would be the perfect opportunity for you to use the gift card you have available. You can let someone else use your gift card. You just have to give them the gift card code to put in the gift card box when they order.

Gift cards cannot be cashed in.

Thank you,
Reefs2Go.com

Again, this is just an FYI. It's disappointing that free shipping is no longer an option. It will be a factor in any future decisions that I make.

Wow that stinks! Good thing I made my big order a few days ago when they still had free shipping...

This will definitely affect my future decisions as well :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chromis I ordered last year were basically fry... but I guess that was to be expected at $2.99/fish. Remarkably, other than the 4 that died during QT, the rest are still alive and strong.

I went with the same notion for crabs however, ordering 4 because I figured they were going to be tiny... and then they send me 4 Kraken-sized beasts that rule my rocks now. Go figure!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Only premium members can use the classifieds. Also, regular members cannot remove or edit past posts. I can edit a post up to like 30 seconds after I posted it, but after that it's concrete. I often have to choose my words very carefully. If I could, then I would have edited my build thread to update new equipment and livestock.

I guess I just don't see the loss. I ordered from them several times. It was enough to get them put on my "do not buy" list. Just not worth it when there are places to order from that offer excellent livestock and customer service. My current order from Blue Zoo (gold rim tang, naso tang, lamarcks angel, copperband b'fly) are all exactly as they were described and are healthy and eating well in the qt. And if they don't do well, I've got a 14 day guarantee that I can use to get credit.

LiveAquaria is a good one. So is Vivid Aquatics. Or, just hit up your LFS and see what they can do for you.

Reefs2Go hasn't been a sponsor for a while. There are many others here that are, both local and online, that will be happy to take care of you. The news about R2G removing free shipping has been shared so we'll go ahead and stop the thread here.

Archived