CO2 Refill

I recently had to find a place to refill my CO2 bottle and didn't put much thought into asking where I could go. My web searches came up with nothing. I searched the forums and found some threads a few years old, but nothing recent. After asking around and some research a few places; some with mixed reviews, some with outright bad reviews and none that were up North.

I ended up going to Round Rock Welding Supply.

I traded in my 5lb bottle for one that was completely filled. The cashier said that as long as I participate in the bottle exchange, then there would never be a charge for inspection even if I bring in a competitors bottle (mine was AirGas lol!).

I paid $11.94 including tax and was out the door in less than 5 minutes.

• 7 months later...

Does anybody know if they do paintball tank fills too? Naturally both d1cks sporting goods (domain & stonehill) we're empty on their co2 bottles yesterday.

Kinda old but to answer your question...not really. Pretty much you exchange bottles there and there IS no cheaper place in town.

I think you can buy a #20 steel tank from them for $99 and then its >$20 exchange each time and eventually you will get an aluminum tank when you go to exchange.

If you keep an eye on craigslist you can find a 20lb bottle for a decent price. I bought 5 for $100 quite a while back and then a friend got another four for $100. Use "home brewing" as a filter and you might find someone parting out a kegging setup. BTW...20lb bottle is cheaper per pound than the rest smile.png

right now there is a 50lb tank with regulator for $250 which is probably a pretty good deal.

Edited by MrZ2u