JBJ ATO

Manny

I am having some trouble with my JBJ ATO. The thing is literally only about a month and a half old. I keep coming home to the red sensor light being on and the yellow pump light off. The thing works. Its just about every other day when it seems it doesn't keep up with evaporation and the pump shuts off. I have noticed the pump will top off for about 60 seconds before the unit turns the pump off whether it fully topped off or not. Once this happens, it will not turn back on unless I manually flip the switch from mode A to B and then back to A. I then have to manually top off until the level gets back to the first sensor and then it works fine for another day or two until it again doesn't keep up. At first I had a kink in the lines and that was causing an issue but that kink is gone now. Has anyone had issues similar to this before. I know that the JBJ is a cheaper model but it has some impressive reviews so I figured I couldn't go wrong with it. I hope I was able to describe my problem clearly. If you guys need me to clarify something let me know. Any advice on what I can do?

I had one about 3 years ago and if I remember correctly, mine did the same thing towards the end of its useable life. It worked great for about a year and then started to malfunction on me. I got rid of it quick since I really didn't want something temperamental in charge of adding water to my tank automatically.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

what type of pump are you using? I was using an mj1200, filing out of a 5 gallon bucket and it did fine. the pump would move a lot of water in a short time so it would not time out. I started having the same problem once I went with an aqua lifter. So I think it is a matter of how much water you can move before it times out.

• Like 1

It sounds like a pump issue. The timer is set so that it will not drain the entire bucket if a sensor malfunctions. The aqua lifter may not move water fast enough to keep up and set it into a fail safe mode. I would pick up a Mj1200 or something that has a higher gph rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I am going to do. Even with the timer switched, it still doesn't fill fast enough. This sucks because the pump is only 6 weeks old. I have an extra one I will use but then I will replace it with a maxi jet.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I believe the highest setting is 14 mins. You have to open the unit and turn the dial all the way to the "14." When I had this issue that fixed it for me. But yes, swapping out the pump will fix the issue.