Reef reeder lights

Leakytree

There is absolutely nothing wrong with reefbreeders lights :) I run them on 6 out of 7 of my tanks, the corals love them and grow like mad, and I've never had any trouble with my lights at all. As far as I am concerned, they are the cats meow.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with reefbreeders lights :) I run them on 6 out of 7 of my tanks, the corals love them and grow like mad, and I've never had any trouble with my lights at all. As far as I am concerned, they are the cats meow.

Which fixtures do you have? Do you have them on a larger tank? I'm looking at putting three over my 160g. I'm a little worried about the par at 28in depth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 48" Photon series and love it. I've had it for almost a year. It is programmable down to 1%. I can say with absolute certainty that it is the best LED fixture I have ever owned. Of course it's the only one I have ever owned, but that's not the point!

Actually got to see a 300 gallon DD today running 4 photon 36's. They looked fantastic. NOT pink like they often look in pics. Wish I would have remembered to take a pic to see if they turned out pink

Actually got to see a 300 gallon DD today running 4 photon 36's. They looked fantastic. NOT pink like they often look in pics. Wish I would have remembered to take a pic to see if they turned out pink

I talked to the guy yesterday and he said about 6 months ago they reduced the amount of red so it lost the red tint. He's recommending 3 value led with 90 degree optics for my 160g. He will give a total refund minus shipping so I figure it's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they manual dim only or could a apex control them?

At this moment he said that they weren't able to be controlled by any reef controllers, but he's looking at heading that way soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely worth a shot. I've not used them so I can't comment long term on how well they work, but I've read am overwhelming amount of praise about them and they looked great to my eyes. The thing I like most about them is the stock color layout. Hits all the right peaks without any useless colors

Archived