Tree of life

subsea

When Grog received it in the mail, it evoked the Humpty Dumpty fairy tail. He asked me to seed it in my growout tank. I forgot about it there and he went on to other things.

He is interested in selling it. As you can see, it is quite large at 20" tall. When I put it in this 135G lagoon, it almost overflowed the tank. I did not consider its displacement of water.

Patrick

Just had another thought. What if you covered the top with green macros and a few red zoas here and there? Then you would have an apple tree... kind of.

You are well versed in Scripture. Grog's initial thoughts were to use the same color Zoe's on each limb with contrasting colors between limbs. I for one like bright contrasting colors. Cajun Color Coordination.

Laissez la bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

I'm surprised no one has jumped on that piece of rock, especially since it's been cured for so long in your system! If a had a system large enough there would be no stopping me from getting a piece that unique!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I do not use live rock for biofiltration, it does provide structure for attaching things. When I purchase live rock, I get diver collected uncured rock from GOM for extreme biodiversity.

When this large Tree of Life was placed in the tank, within minutes I observed fish behavior that centered around this structure. The fish used it as a focal point of there activities. Some browsed on biofilm, some cruised thru its branches. It is 20" tall and measures 20" across at the top in its widest span. Since Rob showed me that my lens was dirty, I will do another picture.

Patrick

post-766-0-69489200-1397336190_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-15877200-1397336235_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-56635500-1397336276_thumb.jpg

Patrick...what's the price on this? I think I'm interested...saw that thing in person and it's a nice piece

It was too big for me to pick up out of The Tank. You laid hands on it, but it did not look that good with all the calcium mud deposits.

Once I got it in the tanks with pods and mollies, I saw how gorgeous it is. Grog promised it to KimP. If it is too big for her, I decided I want it and will remove Stonehedge to make room for the Tree of Life.

I love the names we give stuff in our tanks.

Patrick

• Like 1

Patrick...what's the price on this? I think I'm interested...saw that thing in person and it's a nice piece

It was too big for me to pick up out of The Tank. You laid hands on it, but it did not look that good with all the calcium mud deposits.

Once I got it in the tanks with pods and mollies, I saw how gorgeous it is. Grog promised it to KimP. If it is too big for her, I decided I want it and will remove Stonehedge to make room for the Tree of Life.

I love the names we give stuff in our tanks.

Patrick

Well I totally understand...I woulda grabbed it when I was there but didn't understand it was already for sale

Wow. If a rock could ever be considered a muse, this is it. Like woods, im also really interested in what this is going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The website at the company that makes these designer rocks listed it for $300. Each rock design is different. When it arrived in the mail it was in many pieces. Grog put it back together and just like the fairy tail, some parts were left over. I had already placed one part in my 12 year old 75G Jaubert Plenum display tank.

Patrick

Yeah,

New job is great but I have almost zero spare time. Original intent for this piece was to be a center for my tank but, I'm liking the open space in the middle and didn't want to shade existing inhabitants.

And yes, I got busy and had totally forgotten about this item. Between work and springtime gardening I'm stretched thin.