20g stocking ideas

Robb in Austin

Looking for ideas on what to put into the 20g long. We want something 'different'.

My initial thought was an angler but I think only having 1 fish would be too boring.

Next thought was 3-5 small fish; tailspot, clown goby, maybe a shrimp/goby combo, maybe some cardinals.

I'm probably not going to run a skimmer (can't find an in tank one either works with my light setup, ie light limits vertical height, or the HOB ones are too big) so I can't stock too heavily.

Gimme some ideas y'all.

I would suggest a trio of Blackcap basslets. They're very interactive with each other, like to swim on their side and upside down and are very brightly colored as well as very uncommon. Add a Pennant Hawkfish and a single Yellow Tail Damsel.

I really like blue neon gobies. They can be found tank bred and are very active throughout the water column; stay very small and eat parasites. I got one for my 14 gallon and love it. I will have one in every community tank I build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, in a fit of spontaneity, I ordered from Live Aquaria yesterday.

Grabbed 2 pajama cardinals, a tailspot blenny (all of which I would love to have in the 75 but it's too late to add them at this point) and a high fin red banded goby ( http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+31+181&pcatid=181) and a red banded pistol shrimp (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+704&pcatid=704).

Hopefully, all will be well.

I'd like to add a green clown goby as well.