Time for the 90gl UPGRADE!

sifuentes31

Had a question, how long do i leave it at that salinity? I've read up on it but get conflicting info. How long have you guys done it for?

4-6 weeks, you want to make sure that all the ich in the tank goes through its entire cycle. There is only one phase that hyposalinity affects the ich so you have to make it all reaches that stage

Had a question, how long do i leave it at that salinity? I've read up on it but get conflicting info. How long have you guys done it for?

One reason you probably see different answers is that different strains of ich have different life cycles. I think most strains are under 6 weeks.

Oh yea no fish lol

I think the biggest thing here is to be patient and not rush the process. It would be disheartening to go 4 weeks and think you are good and then all of a sudden boom another out break. Give it the 6 weeks, let the hyposalinity do its thing and then go from there

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, Sailfin is doing AWESOME! Really, REALLY, bounced back from all that ich. As far as i could see he only has one spot on his fin and eating like a champ. Going to give another two weeks and bring up the salinity.

Archived