Free mantis shrimp

ceastman

My trap just arrived from Amazon, going to set it up tomorrow and see what I get. I still hear a bit of clicking so I am thinking maybe another mantis or possibly a pistol shrimp, but if it is a pistol I will probably keep him so my watchman goby can have a bromance.....

Subsea (Patrick) pointed me over to a diver in Florida that has a lease for some land in the ocean. This is the most alive rock I have every gotten, I have about 4-5 different types of macro algae, feather dusters, tunicates, sponges, turkey wings, some sort of clam/bi valve things, light bulb anemone, hidden cup coral, tube coral and a mantis shrimp or two. And it seems every other day I find something new growing on the rocks.

The pictures they have on their site are very accurate.

http://www.floridaliverock.com/

Got a 2nd mantis shrimp today, donating to Travis & Chris over at Niko's Reef.

Woohoo! Can anyone say "Speciman Tank"? We going to have a Name-the-Mantis contest?

Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, or Eli Mantis as in the football player?

I have a mantis in a 10 gal then I have a 110 reef. If my mantis were in my reef I'd use tge water bottle trap and ghost shrimp as bait. Fish are the only thing other than mantis that will chase them down and devour so I wouldn't worry about other inverts. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was the live rock shipped? Wet paper towels and in a bag? Bag of water? I got some from Florida and it was so dead by the time I got it in I had to cure so long it almost was better to start out with dry rock.. Just my experience though

The rock I got was wrapped in wet paper towels but it was shipped air cargo, so it was only in the box less than 12 hours. Very little die off.

Dale goes diving, grabs the rock off of his lease in the ocean, transports it in buckets of water back to his warehouse, packs it and then drops it off to the local airport.

http://floridaliverock.com/