New 20000K Reef Spectrum Launching Today!

BuildMyLED

Do you miss the look of your old 20000K Metal Halide lights? Check out our new 20000K reef spectrum! We just added it to our website, so you can order it today

Offered exclusively in our high-power XB Series, this breakthrough spectrum was designed to perfectly replicate the color of a 20000K Metal Halide lighting system. By using a mix of key wavelengths, including 400nm UV and 420 nm Violet, our engineering team was able to visually match the 20000K Metal Halide color spectrum. Most of the competing LED fixtures use 450nm Royal Blue as the shortest wavelength, so the resulting color spectrum has a blue bias. However, our new 20000K Reef Spectrum mimics the distinct violet hue which hobbyists have long enjoyed with traditional Metal Halide lights. With the addition of the 420nm Violet LEDs, this spectrum is extremely effective in targeting the Zooxanthellae algae which produce food needed for the survival and growth of most hard and soft corals.

Check out the video of the new spectrum by clicking on the Video icon on this page. Thanks to Gary at Aqua-Dome for letting us film it over his beautiful reef tank grin.png

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

We put three strips over Gary's gorgeous reef tank for those photos. Four would probably be ideal, but three covered it pretty well when the lights were angled back a bit...that's a wide tank! Color rendition is really nice, a slightly warm daylight look with a slight purple pop to it. Red/orange/yellow/pink colors look fantastic under it due to the warmth, but greens look really nice too. Might be my current favorite reef spectrum!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Cara

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out this fixture over my 200g Reef. I immediately remembered how the 20K Halides I used to have look. It has that deep ocean Reef look that you get with the 20K Halides. Excellent Blend and Color.

Will be looking into these when I have the itch to change out my current fixtures.

I agree, Juiceman...it reminds me of snorkeling over shallow reef. A nice warm spectrum that makes the red/pink/orange/yellow colors look lovely and then a faint purple pop to it. A more natural look, to my eyes, but with great fluorescing from the 400nm and 420nm LEDs too.

Archived