Cute fuzzies!

Sherita

These aren't up to the "following" stage yet, LOL. I'll be raising them for meat and eggs. This is my starter covey. Fantastic hatch rate for shipped eggs. I'm thrilled, nearly 50%.

As a kid, I tried to hatch those in a little incubator I bought from the back of a Popular Mechanics magazine...they never hatched. That's so awesome, thanks for posting the pics :) Didn't realize they'd be different colors.

Because they are a domesticated quail species, they come in about a zillion different colors. I have no idea what I will actually end up with as far as colors. That's half the fun. The blonde ones will almost certainly be whites, but I've also got blonde ones with brown racing stripes, blonde with black racing stripes, wild colored, tuxedos, and a bunch of others that I don't recognize.

And.....my shipment from Ideal hatchery arrives Thursday with my Cochin and Bantam Cochin chicks. The ladies at the post office wanted to know how they could tell if it was my chicks in the box, so they can hold them where it's warm. I told them "it's easy, the box has holes in it, and it's LOUD".

These aren't up to the "following" stage yet, LOL. I'll be raising them for meat and eggs. This is my starter covey. Fantastic hatch rate for shipped eggs. I'm thrilled, nearly 50%.

I can already picture those little fuzzies' breasts deboned, butterflied, and deep fried ;) um i mean aaaawwwweee how cute lol

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Archived