Wp40 settings

Mlaw

on my 180g, I have both mine set to "Else" mode with one set to S1 and one set to S2 so they are slightly off sync causing random turbulence in my tank. I also have 2 WP25s on the back wall breaking the flow of the WP40s to add more random swirls. They are both set on W1.

I'm hearing so many good things about these pumps! I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon and getting a 25 for my 55gallon to replace my 2 mp10's.

Went over to Lenver's yesterday and he had an awesome wave going. I thought he had a wavebox, but it was just a wp40. He also had a couple tunze that were just pushing water behind the rockwork that i guess the wp40 was able to overpower their turbulence.

I'm wondering what exactly it is about their design that makes them so powerful. Of course there seem to be an awful lot of lemons around with these but when they're working they're insanely powerful for how much wattage they draw. I've had my wp25 for exactly 3 months now and haven't had any issues. Needs fairly frequent cleaning, but honestly, my koralias seem to benefit from frequent cleanings too.

Bpb, where have you heard about a bunch of lemons? I haven't heard of many. I now have 6 units and have had 1 power supply go bad. I replaced it off Amazon with a universal one where I can change the voltage on it for $13... I would be interested in hearing about other issues just to see what components are faulty... I have only heard of power supply issues like mine up to this point.

Oh just lots of talk on the RC threads. It looks like both you and I have had good luck with them. I've had no problem recommending them to new hobbyisys in my area that are wanting to get better flow but may not be ready to invest in tunzes.

To each their own, and while lots of hobbyists who's opinions and success level I have the utmost respect for, have sold off tunzes and vortechs and switched over to jaebos...I personally wouldn't do that. If I already had vortechs or tunzes, I'd keep them an buy a jaebo as a backup

Edit ps...sorry, didn't mean to derail the topic. I run my wp25 on else mode 90% of the time. I've got a wp25 on one end of a 55 gallon, and a koralia 1050 at the other end, with my return coming out the middle. Lots of random turbulence that can be visualized by my toadstool leather. Looks like a field of wheat on a windy day. Flow is very high in the top 1/2 of the tank, and deliberately calm in the bottom half.

2 or 3 days a week I'll run it in w1, with the knob maxed out clockwise, on the highest speed setting to get a slow strong wave for a couple hours. Just because I like how it looks.

Edited by Bpb

I just messed with the wave modes until I found one that was a good flow and frequency. I believe mine is on the S2 mode, as the higher one made a scary wave in my 90. Could probably even go with the S1 if I weren't keeping a bunch of SPS. I can't find any dead spots in the entire tank with only 1 of these going.

Edit W2 mode. No idea where I got S1, S2 from.

I have two wp25 running on a 30x30x24 tank on else mode.

Both are place on the back. I also use W1 once a day or so just to

watch the wave motion. I was concern with the continuous wave motion would

weaken the silicon joints but not sure if this is true or not.