Anyone using Reef Angel

I see discussion on other controllers, but did not notice any threads on the Reef Angel.

Also did a search on the forums here but it turned up nothing.

I am new to the forums so maybe I missed something?

Just got my Reef Angel and have begu writing basic code. I would not mind discussing it with ya'll, especially any experience using Kessil A360we. I know about and use the Reef Angel forums, just looking to see if there are local compadres ...

-jim

Not really having issues per se. Just curious how others might view certain tradeoffs. For example, the reef Angel has PWM controller channels referred to as 'daylight' and 'actinic', while the Kessil A360we has PWM inputs for 'intensity' and 'color temparature'. I have been mulling over what would be the most intuitive way to assign the RA channels to the Kessil controls. I am thinking maybe RA:daylight for A360:intensity, and RA:actinic for A360:temperature. Basically this way the higher I set the RA:daylight channel the brighter the Kessil would be, and the higher I set the RA:actinic channel the bluer the light color would be. Does that make sense?

-jim

Yeah, through C++ programming. I am planning to do that to keep the rest of my controller C++ code from being confusing, so was just trying to deicde what hardware hookup made sense. Thanks @gifmasterplus !

• 3 months later...

Archived