New to Austin

El Guapo

I just moved to the Austin area from San Jose, CA and found the club webpage through nano-reef. I've been into reef keeping ~4 years and started with a 10g nano. I had upgraded to a 29g tall about 2.5 years ago and had to sell it all off before moving here =(. I'll be getting a 8g Oceanic Biocube in ~1 week and can't wait to get it cycled! Anyway, hello to all... chat w/ you in the forums soon. I'll post some pics once I get the 8g up and running.

- Pete

Welcome to Austin and the forum. You must have a sense of humor, regarding your screen name---"El Guapo", reminds me of the movie "The Three Amigos".

I like to think I have a good sense of humor, and my wife sometimes agrees =P. Glad someone got the reference to El Guapo =D

Welcome Pete! Is that you surfing under the Golden Gate? Awesome picture!

Not me under the GG... However, surfing's another thing I'll miss about CA. The pic is a crazy man surfing Jan 5, 2008 during near tropical storm conditions. Most people were too sane to get into the water.

• 2 weeks later...