Palau Neon Green Nepthea Frags

Brodie

I have 3 Palau Neon Green Nepthea frags for sale or trade. The two on the left are about 3/4" long and going for $15 each. The one on the right is about twice the size with about six branches forming. Asking $30 for it. Forgive my photography. They look much more neon in the tank, but if I leave my camera unfiltered they look like kryptonite in a sea of purple sand. The reality is somewhere in the middle. If you have good actinics and or purple/UV they glow like they are toxic.

Will accept trades. My tank is pretty much a softy tank with easy corals that don't require special spot feeding. Good possibilities might be frogspawn, riccordea, brain coral-favites, or pipe-organ corals. Shaving Brush Plant would be a welcome trade as well.

Thanks for your interest,

Brodie

post-376-0-47043500-1385478168_thumb.jpg

What's the growth rate on these guys? Do you run a lot of carbon in this tank?

Had considered one several times for my pico. Don't want something that's overly aggressive with the chemicals or that is going to take over anything.

I have a 29 gallon. I run a little sachet of carbon every once in a while in a small HOB filter when the water gets some smell to it only. I have some devil's hand on the opposite side of the tank and they don't hurt each other at all chemically even in the small tank with little to no carbon use. I'd say growth is probably slow to moderate. The parent coral threw off some little frags (these) about 2 months ago and they were maybe half an inch long at most and half the diameter they are now. The bigger one of these 3 has doubled in size and branches, so there's some variance in the growth rate even among these 3 frags. I think it's because they were so difficult to get to attach to anything. I put them in these shells so they wouldn't blow around the tank. Gluing wasn't working. I suspect the bigger of the 3 was the first to set down "roots" and call his shell home.

They are really beautiful under the right lighting, and growing slower than the colt next to them. I don't think they are going to take over your pico for some time. And when they do, fragging is as simple as cutting off the branches with some sharp scissors. Maybe once a month or so, it may shed a film but it's not bad, just blow it off in current from your hand or a powerhead...better yet, put it closer to the flow for its home.

Honestly though, my tank is a "no fuss" affair. I don't do a lot of water changes, don't run carbon very much, don't target feed, run any sort of reactors. I do skim pretty aggressively, have good lighting, dose with essential elements, iodine, and microverts about once a week. When I think about it, I put a bit of Purple Up in the tank for calcium. All my coral choices are pretty hardy types due to my mode of husbandry (if you can call it that).

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in response...holidays. Yeah I still have it. Be glad to trade it for the torch. Ever had a problem with the torch stinging you? PM me and lemme know when you'd like to do it. I'm in Cedar Park myself.