I want to start a TOTM

ACampbell

Ok, so I want to start up a ?Tank Of The Month??

I'd be happy to make a separate web page for it, as well as corresponding threads.

Since the club is still fairly new we will start off with the "Tank of the Quarter" or TOTQ.

What I need is someone willing to go around to the TOTQ, write up a short article and take some awesome photos. An exceptional camera is a must. Anyone interested PM me.

Do you even like this idea?

Come on tank of the month. That way when you run out of tanks to display you will be forced to make mine TOTM!

And since this site is dedicted to the area I think that any winners should be forced to let members come by and see it in person laughing7.gif

I'm wondering how the selection process would work. Would people nominate a tank? Would people submit pics with a "consider me" kinda thing? Would the moderators get together and decide among the candidates (however the candidates are determined)?

There's no threat of me being TOTM any time soon since my tank is so young and pretty much on hold because I'm assuming I'll be moving soon. Mostly I'm just curious about the process...

ej

A method I have seen on another forum that worked well was to allow the first week of each month for nominations. Any nomination could stay up. It could be from a new member, old member, could be nominated by someone else or the tanks owner. Then after a week the thread was closed for nominations. I am not sure if this site has the software to allow polls, but then the names are displayed in a poll to be voted on. If no poll just have members vote in a reply. Tally the replies and then you have tank of the month.

Another method would be to allow members to add pics of their tank or nominate someones and then let the mods decide.

Just had another thought since we are pretty much all in the same area...

Not everyone is a master photographer, I have to take about 100 shots to get one I am happy with, and cannot take wonderful shots of their tanks. I can take a good shot of a single piece but my tank pics look horrible. So what if the prize for TOTM would be for one of the forums better photographers to head to the owners home to take pics for the TOTM display pics?

I'm not going to tell ya where I got the idea from, you can figure it out yourself. Concept, send in home pics and the magazine, er forum, takes professional pics to publish, er host.

So far I only have one person willing to fill the writer position. Any other takers???

I'm sure the first few quarters will be decided upon by the staff. This will give us plenty of time to discus the selection process.

Anyone heard from Aquadoc? I haven?t seen him online in forever.

Sure, I'd be willing to help with writing stuff. It would be a real learning experience for me and I'd be likely to ask questions no one who knows anything would ever think to ask. Ignorance isn't always bliss, but there are times that it can be kinda fun. happy3.gif

I also would be happy to help with any writing, but I cannot (nor would you want me to) volunteer for the photography skills. Just let me know if I can help in any way. I think that TOTM is a fun idea, basically because everybody gets to see some of the best tanks in the club.

Well, for us that are a far reach, someone comign and taking pics wouldnt work. No worries though that my tank will win tank of the month for a very very very very long time disgust.gif

Killeen really isn't that far with a promise of dinner.

So far this looks to be the best TOTM of any site.

Volunteers to help write and edit descriptions and text and a volunteer to offer photography services of the winners tank to make the TOTM display pic really shine. I think the idea of having a star photographer help with the display pic is what could really set our clubs TOTM apart from any others. And if we agree that the winner had an option to host us for a monthly meet and greet the pictures could be taken then. Of course winners would not be obligated to show their tanks but it would be nice to see TOTM tanks at the house the month they win.

I'm willing to help anyway that I can. I can't type, I have bad grammar and I swear a lot so I wouldn't be a good editor. My photography skills could only get me nominated and that's why I came up with the idea of having a photgrapher help with the final pics.

• 2 weeks later...