T12 lights DIY

Funkness

Ok guys i think i have decided which kind of lights i will use for my 135 build and i am thinking T12 retro fit only issue i am having is i dont know how many i should use i can get the 60inch 140w VHO lights pretty well priced but i dont know if just 4 of these will be enough and if so should i just do 2 white 2 actinic or should i throw some other colors in there?

Thanks

Mike

If you want good color out of many "sps" I would go with 8. And I am so glad to see you are not going with T12, it's getting harder and harder to find the bulbs now they are illegal for new residential or commercial installation. I would worry about not being able to find the bulbs at all in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

So i am getting ready to order my bulb and i think i am going to do 3 blue 1 purple and 4 "white" as i like the more "clear" look the 3 blue and purple will be on one driver and the white will be on another also does anyone know where i can get 60 inch reflectors all i can find are 48 if not do you think the 48 will be fine?