ELOS Mg test kit

dapettit

I purchased this test kit during AAI going out of business sale. I decided to test for Mg and the instructions are missing. Has anyone used this and would be willing to share the instructions on using it.

Thanks,

Dave-

Ok I found the card that comes with the kit but it is a bit confusing. Here goes:

1: 3 ml test sample

2. 9 drops of prt. A

3. shake for 30 seconds

4. 0.15 (powder that came with kit) prt. B

5. ? x Mg of prt. C

6. shake for 30 seconds

Then it pictures 2 vials (one gray and one darker gray) and 1 drop = 100 ppm Mg.

How am I supposed to interpret this? Do I add one drop at a time of part C and shake for 30 sec until the liquid goes black? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Confused,

Dave-

Ok so you'll follow the steps below while first shaking both reagent a and C for ~15 seconds to make sure they haven't settled.

-3 mL water

-Add 9 drops part A, swirl for 30 secs

-Add .15 of part 2 (powder, use the smaller end of the spoon) then swirl for 10-15 secs

The liquid at this point should be a light purple. Add one drop of part C and swirl for 10 secs until the liquid in the vial turns blue. Multiply the number of drops used by 100 and you'll have you magnesium.

Hope that helps!

John