Do Palythoa's.. Poop?

Makena95GT

So as I'm sitting around staring at my tank, I think I witnessed my Palys take a turd. Recorded it happening on one polyp. Three different polyps did this. Was a bit weird. I felt dirty for watching.

Video is still uploading. Will post it as soon as it's done.

Interesting. This was a day after I moved the frag plug down to the bottom of the tank to get away from blinding light. I was going to say "Maybe it saw my face all up in it's area and got upset" but them I remembered.. they dont have eyes LOLOLOL

Interesting. This was a day after I moved the frag plug down to the bottom of the tank to get away from blinding light. I was going to say "Maybe it saw my face all up in it's area and got upset" but them I remembered.. they dont have eyes LOLOLOL

Lol what were you doing "all up in it's area?"

My Devil's Hand shriveled up for a few days and then shed a massive amount of something brown. I've never seen Palythoa or Zoanthids do this though.

Yup, I def feel dirty for watching it poop now. hahaha. I was very amazed. I finally found a good spot for the little frag! Only took a week to relize they didn't like the blinding light up on the top up the tank, so they're down pretty much on the sand now. Totally happier. And getting some pink on the tentacles

DSC_1064.jpg

Heres the video of the poopin'

Video may still be sideways. Just fixed it on Youtube.

Lol what were you doing "all up in it's area?"

My Devil's Hand shriveled up for a few days and then shed a massive amount of something brown. I've never seen Palythoa or Zoanthids do this though.

My face may as well have been against the glass :P I was just staring at it :D

Archived