Wildman926

I have for sale several strips -

2 - 48" 12000k 30w

2 - 36" 12000k 30w

1 - 48" "Fusion" 2:1 12000k:453nm ratio of led

1 - 36" "Fusion" 2:1 12000k:453nm ratio of led

48" - $100 each

36" - $75 each

I am asking half of what they cost new, and these lights were run only 4 hours a day. I have power supplies to light up each pair. I used these on my LPS 150g and my 90g softie tanks for 2 years, with great success, and have pics to show. I want to go to sps, so I bought some BML lights for more power.

In the pics, the left and middle pair are the 12000k. The right pair is the Fusion. I can deliver next week when I am in Austin, or can ship at buyers expense. Thank you very much!

1409E319-6F8A-4F20-A34E-01933B22F7D3-213

1BEDE10B-57D7-4C9A-9D75-F5F740D9BACC-213

I am also selling the 453nm strips that I have.

2 - 48" $100 each

2 - 36" $75 each

The 48" strips have been repaired. There is a factory default with the units that will show bad solder joints if they exist. The bad solder joint will show up after they get to normal operating temperature. The strips are in 1' lengths. The bad solder joint will dim or put out the rest of the length of the strip. I have removed the silicone over the bad joints, reflowed the solder joint, and refilled the clear silicone. They work as new as seen on pics. The lights come with power supplies to power up a pair of strips.

48" strips -

69337B5C-521E-4666-B726-19168DB4B64A-213

CBFC8178-2B5D-44DC-AEAA-EEB675C8775A-213

36" strips -

459C7C05-6A34-462E-B050-63FE0B33A956-213

AFD791F2-B49B-447F-924E-6A87937E417F-213

Question.. I'm new around here so if I were to manage to get the money to get some lights off you, what would I need to power them? (total noob over here)

Just plug in the power supply. You can see the power supply in the first post, the first pic, with the strips laying under normal light. These could not be any easier to use.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say ..I have the very same LED 36" 12000k 30w and its awesome! Wouldnt mind gettin a solid blue strip for coral. Didnt see one but if you have one lmk. Thanks. For those contemplting buy them ...this is a awesome price for a very sleek looking LED

• 2 months later...

I have an old version of these lights with the joints going bad. I'm interested to know how you fixed the solder. My BF has reflowed solder for a game system with a heat gun, don't know if it's the same process. Are the repaired lights still holding up?

I have an old version of these lights with the joints going bad. I'm interested to know how you fixed the solder. My BF has reflowed solder for a game system with a heat gun, don't know if it's the same process. Are the repaired lights still holding up?

if you can i would hit it with a soldering iron. i'm not sure what the area looks like, but i'd worry about a heat gun melting plastic parts that may be in the area since the heat is not focused. well, don't "hit" it. just heat it up and touch it lightly :)

• Like 1

So I couldn't figure out how to include a picture in my post on my cell phone so I changed my profile pic to the one I want to show you. I know very little about How LEDs are constructed but this is a pic at one of the joints. You can see one side is brighter then the other, neither is anywhere near full brightness as this is actually the 3rd of 4 joints and they are all bad.

I am assuming I would need to cut out the rubber and fix the visible solder going across the joint above in below the diodes. Is this correct?

Is this something that should only be attempted by people who know what they are doing?

The problem is with the solder that connects the two 12" strips. You have to remove the silicone, use a soldering iron with a little flux and wet the tip of the soldering iron with solder, and reflow the joint connection. Then recover the removed silicone with clear silicone. What happens, is they heat up and there is not enough solder from the factory, and the connection starts to open up, which causes the remaining lights past that joint to either dim, or go out all together.

I still have the strips for sale, just not the blue 453nm ones.

• Like 1