Any disc golfers?

Bpb

Ill be in town next weekend to help my sister move and for a band rehearsal. Hoping I can squeeze in a good short game of disc golf when I'm in the area. Any disc golfers in the club recommend some courses or be interested in joining?

Lots of choices available. Zilker is short, easy, can take less than an hour, located centrally; Mary Moore Searight in South Austin is one of my fave short courses but can get crowded; Austin Ridge Bible Church (West Austin, off Bee Cave Road) has a moderate length course that can be quite a hike if you're not ready for it. Up north for a short game I'd recommend Cat Hollow (Brushy Creek Area), Brushy Creek Sports Park for a good 9 holes, Rivery if you're going to be near Georgetown. There's a nice short 18 hole course off of Wells Branch as well, but I can't remember what it's called, not terribly technical. If you're up for longer courses, that's another list.

Edited by CapsAzN

Awesome info! I appreciate it. Will likely try to get to town early to take care of any group buy stuff I need to and hit a course up before moving begins. Good warm up in the heat of the day right? I've played the wells branch course before. Pretty easy stuff but I'm not looking for anything championship caliber. 9 holes is good for that day.

My only issue with playing a course in a new city is that if you're alone, or with others that haven't played, it's a dad gum mystery as to where the next tee box usually is. Hell, it can be a mystery as to where the basket is

The newer roy guerrero course off of riverside is nice if you can get on it before the crowds show up. It's got to be one of the longer ones in Austin. Searight is an awesome course. Circle-C if you're ever way southwest.

Agreed on Circle C and Guerrero for longer courses. Not to hijack thread, but any recommendations for courses in College Station Bpb? I'll be there on business for the next few days, and brought my discs along hoping I'd get an afternoon/evening to try a new course.

Absolutely. What days will you be here and what times will you be available. I'd be down to play a round. We have 5-6 9 hole courses here and one 18 hole course. Typically ill just play the 9 hole course twice. But I also throw 3-4 discs per round. I don't play competitively, just practice a lot. If I'm just dropping by on the way home from work I sometimes throw just 9 at a course that is about 1/4 mile from my house