65 rimless

ckyuv

So we recently moved from our rent house and I had to tear down my 55. I liked the footprint of this tank better so I sold all my stuff and started this guy up. The ultimate plan is for it to be an sps and clam tank but because we are in an apartment while we try to find the right house It will just cycle and get the fish.

I just filled it up on Saturday and it seems I will need more rock, I like the look of bare bottom tanks so it will probably never see sand. I am dosing tank with zeostart and zeobak to help the cycle along a bit since I'm pretty impatient seein I haven't had a tank in over a month

post-2461-0-19785400-1375131626_thumb.jp

post-2461-0-05932700-1375131646_thumb.jp

I got the ati 6 bulb fixture that can be dimmed and has a timer built in. This is nice as I have always used the cheap 3 dollar timers from the hardware store

post-2461-0-71580600-1375131673_thumb.jp

As for the equipment all I have installed now is an eshopps skimmer. I have a zeo reactor and a gfo/gac reactor and haven't decided which I will use when I add corals but I don't need either one as the tank cycles.

post-2461-0-35834400-1375131690_thumb.jp

Right now I know I will be adding a dwarf lion fish to the tank and I plan to do some research and see if I could add a butterfly fish as well. Haven't decided on other fish to add yet

Build is comin along slow but I added a little more rock and my first fish. I got a fuzzy dwarf lion and I'm going to get a Mombusa and or antennata lion from stinkys fish mart to go with my lion. I didn't realize you either feed the lions live food or you have to use a stick to feed them so I might only get two for now. I also ordered a new wet side for my mp40 so I will have the tacky power head off the tank soon

post-2461-0-78872400-1375744227_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Ok so my lion died shortly after I got it and I didn't do anything with the tank besides fill the ato. Yesterday we moved into our new house in Lago Vista and I set up the tank. I just got finished adding sand and hanging the light. I rinsed the sand but it seemed like it would never come clean so i dumped it in the tank. I got new bulbs for the ati fixture and front to back my bulbs are

Blue+

Coral+

Blue+

Aquablue special

Blue+

Aquablue special

The Aquablue lamps are not doing much for me and I think I'm am going to trade them for a wave point 6500k and a Fiji purple bulb

Since the tank has been running for a while I shouldn't have to much of a cycle, I hope to add a fish and cuc by the end of the week

post-2461-0-01406700-1380482888_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

I finally added some fish and corals. I added a lemonade acro, purple meridiana, red stag, red planet and a pink and blue Mille as well as two clowns and a yellow tang. I also added bio pellets and will set up my gfo tomorrow. I picked up an apex from Ty and an mp10 from ct67stang. I'm going to end up with two mp10's one on each half of the back of the tank to spread flow and have less visible. I'm picking up a bunch of zoas from sherita at the swap tomorrow and if Ty is goin I'm going to see if I can work him for a piece of his blue echinata. Other than that I'm looking for nice sps so if anyone has a rainbow Mille lmk :)

Also if anyone knows how to upload photos right side up I'm all ears!

post-2461-0-78875200-1382120165_thumb.jp

I finally added some fish and corals. I added a lemonade acro, purple meridiana, red stag, red planet and a pink and blue Mille as well as two clowns and a yellow tang. I also added bio pellets and will set up my gfo tomorrow. I picked up an apex from Ty and an mp10 from ct67stang. I'm going to end up with two mp10's one on each half of the back of the tank to spread flow and have less visible. I'm picking up a bunch of zoas from sherita at the swap tomorrow and if Ty is goin I'm going to see if I can work him for a piece of his blue echinata. Other than that I'm looking for nice sps so if anyone has a rainbow Mille lmk smile.png

Also if anyone knows how to upload photos right side up I'm all ears!

Right click it on your desktop, then click rotate, then upload it to ARC.