Big Tank Delivery Logistics

nuxx

Going to have my tank freighted to town next month and I'm sort of confused how to get it to my house.

The crate is 140x40x40" and weighs around 1,100 lbs.

With that size all the freight companies said they could only do loading dock delivery.

I'm just not sure how I would:

- Find a place that will let me use their loading dock

- Get the crate to my house (Maybe easier to break the crate down at the dock and take the tank alone - Tank = 120x30x31" ~ 640 lbs)

Would really be interested to see what you guys think?

I've reached out to a few local businesses with docks and moving companies as well.

Nothing really concrete yet :(

Most freight companies give you an option of pick up at the distribution hub that all their semi's come in to.

Timfish has an amazing tank lift that I'd highly recommend talking to him about. and Uhaul will rent you trucks/trailers that can haul it.

Another option is to rent a penske truck and get the driver to back up to your rear door, put pvc down and use it as rollers to roll it right to the penske, then timfish's jack will lower it out at the house.

Hey guys, asked a buddy in town with a huge tank. He recommended a moving company with a loading dock.

For not much money at all, they'd take the crate, bring it to the house and even take it inside.

I might need to hit up Tim when the stand is down and I need to put the tank on the stand :x

Thanks guys!

Some people taking my name in vain here! laugh.png When the guy's set it in down make sure it's sitting on at least a couple of two by fours, makes it much easier to get under it to lift it without chipping the glass.

• Like 1