Stars and Stripes Puffer

Dena's Hubby

Wanted to share some photos of "Puff Daddy" AKA "Chomp" from Aqua Dome. Puff has been settled in now for a couple weeks. He now lives in a 110G 6ft long FOWLR. His companions are a Rabbit Fish (Bugs), Yellow Tang (Sunny), Dog Face Puffer (D.O.G.), and some crabs. FOr those of you that have met him at Aqua Dome you know about his unique personallity. We hand feed him is Krill, and he let's me rub his belly. Last night Dena opened the lid too soon and when Puff saw the bag of Krill he splashed about 2 gallons of water on the floor. :lol:

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

His third day wasn't so good...came down with ick from the stress...perked up after that. It's been about two weeks now and he was doing good, but yesterday we put up the new sump and skimmer, we added some water and he's not feeling well today either. I'm thinking he just gets stressed out easily.

Our little dog face got sucked into the overflow yesterday, which caused the sump to continue pumping. Luckily we were in the garage and came in to find the mess. We didn't know what happened and found him stuck there. He had the mesh lining embedded on his belly and side, but he's okay now. The dummy keeps going up to that corner so we had to make a little box to go around the overflow until we finish redoing it.

We also think the dogface has a crush on the big guy. He likes to curl into the rocks to sleep and rest. Tonight he's been curling up with the big guys tail and then was hiding under his belly.

Also...don't know if they are boys are girls...after typing all this I thought it sounded weird referring to them both as "he". Anyone know how to tell.

BTW, HD...he prefers his steak very raw! :lol:

Dena

He's so HUGE, :wave: ohmigosh!! haha, I don't think I've ever seen one that big, how is he adjusting to his new home?