Cuban Hog Fish

Mlaw

Anyone ever kept a Cuban Hogfish? I'm curious about compatibility. I've got a 130 with a ton of live rock. Current stock includes:

1 Melanarus wrasse

1 fox face rabbitfish

1 copper banded butterfly

1 firefish

2 clownfish

2 pajama cardinals

I'm planning to add a hippo tang at the same time as the cuban hogfish. Thoughts?

I've got some snails and a few hermits but nothing I'm attached to. All clean up crew, nothing ornamental. That does lead to a good question though. If you have a fish that eats snails and crabs what do you use for clean up crew?

I like them but they can get big and very aggressive and not just to the inverts in the tank. Good thing is they are such aggressive eaters it's easy to catch them with a number #20 or #22 hook and a piece of shrimp if you have to get them out.

I've got an entire tank full of wrasses. My cuc consists of huge turbo snails for algae and a tiger tail cuke to keep the sandbed. I've also got elephant snails that come out at night to help with algae and such. Being nocturnal the wrasses don't bother them.

• Like 1