ID Please - yellow leather coral

TexasPipefish

Isn't it illegal to harvest corals out of the coast even if the wash onto shore? No idea on the Id though.

It looks like it hitchhiker in on part of his shell collection. Can't fault him for that. He probably didn't even see it.

Isn't it illegal to harvest corals out of the coast even if the wash onto shore? No idea on the Id though.

It looks like it hitchhiker in on part of his shell collection. Can't fault him for that. He probably didn't even see it.

eh game wardens don't care either way they just punish and have the ability to take everything potentially used to harvest.

It's not illegal to collect gorgs from the coast. They don't want anyone collecting the stony corals. And you can't take anything from the offshore reefs like Stetson bank.

Leptogorgia virgulata - Colorful Sea Whip, yes it is a Gorgonian. This
species has several color variations including bright yellow.

(I looked at pics of the Yellow Sea Whip, Pterogorgia citrina, and it is not this coral.)

Now that I know it is a pure filter feeder, I need to find it a new home. Anyone interested in a strand of bright yellow Colorful Sea Whip (Leptogorgia Virgulata). I have several strands, and I'd like to find a new home for them - one with plenty of phytoplankton. PM me if you want a strand.

Archived