Weird RO/DI product to waste ratio?

So I finally got my SpectraPure 90-GPD 4-Stage RO/DI System up and running and I'm trying to figure out how to get the product to waste ratio right. As of now, I'm producing approx 405 ml/min @ 80 psi of product water with a wastewater number of 640 ml/min. That seems to be a pretty poor ratio? I reduced my pressure down to 60 psi and I'm getting 300 ml/min of product water to 550 ml/min wastewater. I don't even know where to cut the flow restrictor for the yellow waste water line because my number is off their chart (stops at 269 ml/min).

The product water is 0 TDS though. Any ideas?

Sounds pretty good to me. Below 1:2 (Ro:Waste) is at the top end of most consumer systems. Do you know what the rated efficiency is? Temperature can play a role also.

I run the Bulk Reef Supply 75gpd with a 150gpd upgrade. My ratio was horrible at first because my psi was only 40. I installed a booster pump and now my psi is a solid 90 with about a 2:1

Minimum Rejection = 96%. Stabilized Salt Rejection: 98%

I can actually crank my pressure up to the mid 80s and be fine, but the unit is only rated for 80psi or so. It doesn't seem to hurt it though, so I figure I could use over a bit over 80.

I emailed SpectraPure and got a quick answer: I gotta mess with the flow restrictor to get it to approx 3:1/4:1.

Archived