JamesL's Reef Related Lytro Pictures

JamesL

So I got a new toy, a Lytro light field camera. While not meant as an everyday camera, it is awesome for the artistic shots you can take.

While I am still learning the ropes, I have taken some pictures of my tank. You can see them on my Fish Tank Page.

Looks awesome James! I want one! Haha.

Planedan, maybe just stating the obvious but did you click on different parts of the pictures to have it refocus on that part? Sorry if I misinterpreted your comment but wanted to say something just in case.

-Ty

Looks awesome James! I want one! Haha.

Planedan, maybe just stating the obvious but did you click on different parts of the pictures to have it refocus on that part? Sorry if I misinterpreted your comment but wanted to say something just in case.

-Ty

What? Ehem, I mean of course. I don't know about cameras, so I didn't know to do that. Maybe it was suggestive by the title of the group, but they did seem to pop more than normal photos. I'll check the refocus thing when I get to a real computer.

Thanks ty

I have no idea what you are even talking about Planedan... :shifty: I saw nothing!

Just noticed, you didn't quote me, so I can edit my comment and not look like an idiot. Bah, why should today be any different :).

Haha, I say relish in being human. I am a self-proclaimed idiot 60% of the time, and the other 40% pure genius! LOL.

Dude, you're a sponsor here. You and brooks go to the same marketing director? "buy a house from me and odds are two days a week I'll be brilliant."

Thanks folks... I still have a lot to learn on composing good shots with it. Will continue to post updates here. I need to figure out if I can embed specific photo's into a comment on this board, so far no dice.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, i was expecting these cameras to be in the thousands of dollars range with same fancy lens on a DSLR. But, they don't cost nearly that much.

My new LED lights for my 75g cost more than the camera :)

wow, i was expecting these cameras to be in the thousands of dollars range with same fancy lens on a DSLR. But, they don't cost nearly that much.

My new LED lights for my 75g cost more than the camera :)

But those are some great looking LEEs.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing around with some new post-processing features where you can export the "living" pictures into animated gifs via the iPhone app.

The first, refocus animation:

9092848263_bfe01ccd10_o.gif

The second, perspective shift animation:

9095069202_7aae37efe3_o.gif

No, those are exports out of the iPhone app. I didn't realize it was available in the app till I read a blog post.

I think the desktop support of this is still in beta.

Archived