Ecotech Coral glue

(Bio)³

I tried to put this in the equipment review but it wasnt allowed to post there.

At C4 I decided to buy some ecotech coral glue from Mark Melev. I figured since I was out of glue and always wanted to try the ecotech glue now was a good time to try it.

After 1 use I screwed the lid back on, and inside the lid is a little needle that is suppose to go in and prevent any air leak so it doesnt dry up. When I wen tto use it a second time the needle was glued into the spout, and try as I might the only solution was to cut the spout off, only to find the whole spout was full of dried glue. so after 1 use, now 1/3 of the bottle is wasted due to their design.

I learned my lesson, and will never buy this type off glue again, instead I'll stick with the loctite gel that I've always used.

After cutting the spout this morning to glue a polyp down I now have no control over how much comes out and might have glued a skirt to another polyp down. I'm going to trash this bottle of glue after 2 uses.

• Like 1

I've had the opposite experience. Got a tube about a year ago at Aquadome and I've been using it since. Get good adhesion with it too. I'm happy with it.

Maybe they altered the formula since then?

???

I've had the opposite experience. Got a tube about a year ago at Aquadome and I've been using it since. Get good adhesion with it too. I'm happy with it.

???

seems 25% success rate so far, not good for a product. I feel its just a cheaply made product that is marked way up to meet their other price margins. I made sure to not even get the tube near satl water, and the thing still solidified.

I've had great success with just normal Loctite gel, I will go back to what works good.

???

seems 25% success rate so far, not good for a product. I feel its just a cheaply made product that is marked way up to meet their other price margins. I made sure to not even get the tube near satl water, and the thing still solidified.

I've had great success with just normal Loctite gel, I will go back to what works good.

I really like the loctite gel bottles. Never have had it get clogged up. Also the military has a huge contract with loctite and we used it all the time on the guns (not the super glue).

And I recieved 2 free samples at C4 and both were solid so lower that rate a bit.

???

I really like the loctite gel bottles. Never have had it get clogged up. Also the military has a huge contract with loctite and we used it all the time on the guns (not the super glue).

And I recieved 2 free samples at C4 and both were solid so lower that rate a bit.

Wow so 1/8 now this is just getting silly. I've sent ecotech an email about this. And once I get a response I'm going to point them to this thread. 12.5% success rate, who are they trying to be microsoft??

I've never had an issue with loctite, I've even gotten the tip wet and just simply "flicked" off the dried bit and it was ready to use! I'm not joking, I have a bottle of loctite in my over night bag, in my car's emergency kit (great for cuts) and in my tackle box.

I am starting to wonder why I even gave ecotech a chance!

???

Wow so 1/8 now this is just getting silly. I've sent ecotech an email about this. And once I get a response I'm going to point them to this thread. 12.5% success rate, who are they trying to be microsoft??

I've never had an issue with loctite, I've even gotten the tip wet and just simply "flicked" off the dried bit and it was ready to use! I'm not joking, I have a bottle of loctite in my over night bag, in my car's emergency kit (great for cuts) and in my tackle box.

Maybe because you were hoping for the radion/vortech of coral glues?

• Like 1

???

Maybe because you were hoping for the radion/vortech of coral glues?

I'll stick with the Jebao instead? :)

I had the same very disappointing experience. Spent a fortune on a bottle and after the first time I used it the top dried up completely. I was only able to dig glue out with the top off a couple of times before the glue dried out from the air in the bottle. I would think it's a design flaw, to have a non collapsible bottle that has more and more air the more glue you use, vs other super glues where the container squashes down as you use it and doesn't store air. I did get a bottle of the brs glue with similar bottle as the ecotech glue and it's worked out okay though, so idk. I'll certainly never waste money on the ecotech glue again.

• Like 1

Bah on Loctite as well.

Good Old SUPERGLUE brand gel is the best. Dollar store/tree/general usually has 2-3 tubes in a package for.... a DOLLAR!

They now come in a ziplock bag as well, so use, put lid back on, throw back in OEM baggie and they work like a charm every time.

• Like 1

Yeup my experience is the same as everyone else, I've got a half full big bottle that is all dried up. I started stabbing it with a knife and squeezing out as much as I could before it all solidified. The stuff is way over priced for what it is.

I've been using the BRS extra thick stuff which I like a lot. I'll give the Loctite a try as well, I'm always in the market for some good glue!

-brett

I'm letting this thread stand because it seems that many members have had the same experience with this product. I need to check the bottle of ecotech glue that I bought in January, I haven't tried to use it since and hadn't considered it might be useless now. That said, the equipment review section is for products that sponsors and vendors provide to the club for specifically for member use and review. There are posting rules that we adhere to and apply before making those reviews public, but one of the most important is that the reviewer be fair (list pros and cons) and that the sponsor acknowledges that they want an honest review. This also gives the sponsor a formal avenue to respond to issues encountered through a club representative rather than dealing with multiple members.

Product reviews in general should be discussed with a staff member before posting.

I'm letting this thread stand because it seems that many members have had the same experience with this product. I need to check the bottle of ecotech glue that I bought in January, I haven't tried to use it since and hadn't considered it might be useless now. That said, the equipment review section is for products that sponsors and vendors provide to the club for specifically for member use and review. There are posting rules that we adhere to and apply before making those reviews public, but one of the most important is that the reviewer be fair (list pros and cons) and that the sponsor acknowledges that they want an honest review. This also gives the sponsor a formal avenue to respond to issues encountered through a club representative rather than dealing with multiple members.

Product reviews in general should be discussed with a staff member before posting.

So are we not allowed to review products that have not been provided by sponsors?

Yeah I'm confused we can only review sponsor and then only those who want one?<br /><br />And why do I need to talk to a mod to review an item? It's my honest opinion and review, is my voice not valid enough?

So are we not allowed to review products that have not been provided by sponsors?

Good question, let me try to clarify.

The site and forums here are a great place to share information with other members. We understand that no product is perfect and it's fine for comments or "reviews" to reflect this. What we strive for is a balanced review of products in the vein of "constructive criticism". Stating what you like and what you don't like about a product can help a vendor improve the product and more importantly can hep other members here make informed decisions when choosing new equipment or products.

We're asking that if you have a problem with another member, sponsor, or random third party that you first try to communicate with them privately to resolve it. If you can't resolve it between yourselves or feel you didn't get a sufficient response and you think it warrants it, then involve me or a staff member. We'll try to assist in whatever way we can. In the end if we find that a sponsor or member is problematic, we'll handle it at the club level. In short, if you have something good to say about a person or product, feel free. If you're writing something that is blatantly negative, you should contact the staff first or accept that your content will probably be hidden or locked until it can be substantiated.

What I was trying to point out to Bio was that the Equipment Review forum has some unique rules of its own which is why he was unable to post there. If you have a product you would like to formally review, or you would like to borrow a product that the club has been given for review purposes, you agree to review it according to those rules. Such was done with the Accli-Mate device.

The staff and I are always trying to add sponsors to the club so that we can provide additional benefits to our members. We want to promote an environment where sponsors (and members) know they will be treated fairly, so please keep that in mind when reviewing a product. Forums rules regarding flaming apply to comments about everyone (other members, sponsors, and non-sponsors).

so if no one else chimed in and mentioned this happened to them also, would this thread have been deleted?

because in your first line you say "I'm letting this thread stand because it seems that many members have had the same experience with this product."

Many members having this problem or not. What I experienced was a true event and should be shared, I shared it to help other members not waste money on an over priced product.

If a Jebao catches fire and burns a house down and we review it, does that need to be "constructive" do we have to give pros and cons?

Pro: it was cheap and moved water, Con: it burnt down my house!

It seems like the review section is only for positive reviews and to further promote sponsors of a club.

The internet is not a nice place, it is not an honest place, but it is a place to voice yourself and it is up to the reader to determine if they want to accept it or deny it.

*BACK TO TOPIC*

I've wrote ecotech and phoned them to leave a message. When I hear a response back I will post it here, and I will also point ecotech here to show them it is happening on multiple bottles.

Pro: I didnt have to drive anywhere to get my glue since I was attending c4

con: I spent triple the amount I normally spend on glue and got 1/30th the use I normally get out of the glue, and I glued down a polyp when I had to cut the spout out.

Pro: I met marc melev when I bought the glue

Con: I bought the glue.

so if no one else chimed in and mentioned this happened to them also, would this thread have been deleted?

because in your first line you say "I'm letting this thread stand because it seems that many members have had the same experience with this product."

Many members having this problem or not. What I experienced was a true event and should be shared, I shared it to help other members not waste money on an over priced product.

If a Jebao catches fire and burns a house down and we review it, does that need to be "constructive" do we have to give pros and cons?

Pro: it was cheap and moved water, Con: it burnt down my house!

It seems like the review section is only for positive reviews and to further promote sponsors of a club.

The internet is not a nice place, it is not an honest place, but it is a place to voice yourself and it is up to the reader to determine if they want to accept it or deny it.

Deleted? No. Hidden until some points were clarified, probably. The thread stands where it is because it wasn't a "formal review". Had you sent me a message before posting your review I could have gotten you in contact with our Ecotech reps to discuss the issues you encountered. Like any other product, I'm sure that they produce their glue in batches. Your review doesn't mention a batch, lot number or other details that would proof useful to them in trying to identify the issues you encountered. Maybe they had defective bottles in that lot, maybe the glue formula was off on that batch, or any other variety of things. Or maybe the product is just defective, in which case there would be no problem with you saying so AFTER giving them an opportunity to make it right. Instead what we have is a negative review of a product with few details and the implication that the company sells an over-priced defective product and doesn't care. Given EcoTech's reputation and my experience with their other products I don't believe that is the case. Saying that you've pointed them to the thread here really doesn't give them the benefit of the doubt or equal footing to respond. I'm not saying your experience isn't factual, but one experience alone is anecdotal and should be taken as such. There would have been a completely different tone to your post if you said, "Hey, what gives? I bought this container of EcoTech glue and had the following problems... Anyone else have a similar experience?". In this particular case there seems to be enough independent corroboration to indicate a legitimate concern, so the thread stands.

For an example of a great informal product review take a look at JasonJones' review of the Reef Angel controller.

For the record, using your example of a Jebao that catches fire and a house burns down, I imagine you would be able to produce a fire marshall's report stating that it was the cause of the fire. Placing blame or defaming products without substantiation isn't fair and doesn't provide useful information to other members. It may happen elsewhere on the internet, but we'll continue to strive for better here.

Dear All,

I was referred to this thread by a moderator so wanted to respond to the users who have had a bad experience with our coral glue product.

If you are commenting on our product for the benefit of the community good or bad please do so. If you need resolution to an issue with an EcoTech product of any type - please , please, please contact us directly.

We work very hard to provide excellent customer service but do not have the capability to monitor the wide variety of places that you could post issues.

1. Please contact our customer service department - either by phone or through our forum: http://community.ecotechmarine.com/ecotechmarine

2. We will endeavor to make this right for you with respect to any issue you have with our product.

With respect to comments about our Elements Coral Glue.

It is not common superglue, but it is a cyanoacrylate (like the majority of fast drying adhesives). As such it is susceptible to hardening either due to (hot) temperature fluctuation or moisture exposure.

Although a bad batch is unlikely it is not impossible nor is an individual shipment's exposure to high temperature. Regardless if you have an issue please let us know (through our customer service link above) so that we can correct your issue and if necessary investigate further to ensure that other people do not have a similar experience- which in this case it seems that they have.

Additional information with respect to storage and usage is available on the retail packaging.

In the case of the large bottle size, additional nozzles are available on our parts store - unless you do a lot of fragging or are gluing rock assemblies the smaller sizes may be more practical- obviously moisture exposure in the bottle increases over time and with the air volume etc. Again let us know your experience directly as we may be able to assist you.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and please contact our customer service - please encourage any other club members with issues with any of our products to do the same as we typically do not respond to forum posting.

We are based in PA and have 9-5EST business standard hours.

Thank you again - and I apologize for the issues you have had- please give us the opportunity to assist you.