Anemone ID help, please

Victoria

My RSM skimmer was acting wonky, so I pulled the whole thing out today - and discovered a handful of anemones living down there in pretty low light (I'd expect aiptasia to have wandered higher in search of better light) .. I really don't want to nuke anything that isn't evil, so would love y'alls take on what these guys are. Anyone have any guesses? They've got thick, light pink bases and clearish arms with white pointy tips.

Thanks!

Victoria

post-3108-0-29431800-1364684433_thumb.jp

+1 Aiptasia. They are actual pretty good at filtering but if they're making your skimmer act up you might as well get rid of them. You can just wipe them off with a rough cloth if you can get whatever they're on out of the water.

• Like 1

Why'd y'all have to say condi ... I do have a purple condi in the tank.

But yeah, there's another below it, and another on the other side of the pump. There was a fourth on the cord, but that one really looked like aiptasia, so it's already gone to the big reef in the sky.

Edited by Victoria

could they be curlyQs doesnt really look like an aptasia to me. aptasia foot are usually skinnier and so are there tentacles

This was going to be my exact post after looking at the pics. I've had plenty of aiptasia, and even light starved ones still look a little "browner".

Heck, I have aiptasia now but only in my fuge. Not a single one in the DT, just a bunch of filter feeders in the refugium and have been for 6+ months.