Suicidal Tang

ShawnM

I got a little blue tang today. Ater I put him in the tank I saw him getting blown all over the place. My wife said he is going to die there is to much flow in the tank. I told her he will get use to it. right after he got sucked into a powerhead. I turned off the power head and tried to take the cover off it but he swam out and was swimming around. then went straight to the other side of the tank and got stuck to the side of the power head. I pushed him off the power head and he swam around for like 30 minutes around the power head that was off. I was worried about my anemone moving so I turned my power head back on and he swims by it and get sucked on to it. I decided to catch him and put him in a small holding container with holes in it with a piecs of rock. Then I had to go to work.

My question is will he get use to the flow or should I get rid of him. he is really small.

+1. And please don't rehome him for a couple weeks - survival rates for baby tangs is not good to begin with and the stress of another move will likely kill him. I have a breeder net that you're welcome to borrow to keep him contained till you're able to get him fattened up and settled in. (I say that having lost a baby blue tang myself...)

• Like 2

I would like to borrow that breeder net if I could. I dont want to rehome him but the container I have him in just wont work for long. So I would love to keep him but with my schedule dont know when I would be able to get it from you and I would rather give him a fighting chance then just let it die in the confignment that he is in now.

etannert pmd

Well I move him to a large net that I had and it gives him a little more room but he is not eating. hopefully now he has more room he will eat something. My fingers are still crossed for this guy.